Monday, February 19, 2018

Magic of Waikiki

A  L  O  H  A !
Dusk Hula, Waikiki Hula Mound

"I see memories out of the past,
memories that always will last
of a place beside the sea. . . "







Last gleams of day, last walk on the beach

Waikîkî
"At night when the shadows are falling
I hear the rolling surf calling
Calling and calling to me. . . 






Moana Hotel, Kalakaua Avenue


"Your tropic nights and 
your wonderful charms
Are ever in my memory
And I recall when I held in my arms
An angel sweet and heavenly. . . 






Bill M, Artist, Waikiki

"Waikîkî
Tis for you that my heart is yearning
My thoughts are always returning
Out there to you across the sea. . ."
                            Andy Cummings*







Linking to
៚៚៚៚៚៚៚៚៚៚៚៚៚៚៚៚៚៚៚

Thank YOU
my Pili Aloha!
             Fondly, cloudia

WAIKIKI © 1938
Lyrics & Music: Andrew Kealoha Cummings

 "Andy Cummings, a respected and well-loved composer and musician, wrote this song while in Lansing, Michigan on tour with The Paradise Islands revue. 'It was a cold and foggy night in November 1938 and we were walking back to our hotel from the theatre. I thought of Waikiki with its rolling surf, warm sunshine, palm trees, and…'"
Recording: 78rpm: Andy Cummings, Bell Records 1946  Link

11 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Nice pics of your home country.

Jenn Jilks said...

You have such amazing photos!

Charles Gramlich said...

Lovely pics

William Kendall said...

That second shot is dazzling and heavenly.

Giga said...

I love the second picture and the quote under the first one. Regards.

21 Wits said...

First I lived in Lansing Michigan, (it's where I met my first true love) and secondly, I've never been to Hawaii yet, but your opening descriptions awaken beautiful memories of being one with the water and land. Lovely post.

Cloudia said...

Your comments are gifts! Truly

Teresa said...

My grandmother always loved going to Waikiki. She would speak of it often when Seattle's rainy season was upon us... as in almost all year round.

Mike said...

The guy in the blue shorts is checking out the girl in the white skirt. Just like I would have done.

RedPat said...

A lovely post, Cloudia! I thought they were your words at first! ;-)

Lady Fi said...

Love that first shot!